6 Month Contract - Events Manager
My international client is looking for an expereienced Events Manager to assist with a series of 6 events, over the next 6 months. Some international travel may be required.
A hands-on role working as part of the Marketing team and alongside foreign government representatives. Responsibilities will revolve around the planning and implementing a range of seminar events in London (UK) and Houston (USA), with potential for additional events in Dubai and Singapore.
Managing the whole process from the planning stage, through to running the event itself, coordinating with government dignitaries and representatives, plus post event evaluation.
- Liaise with Multi-Client Business Development teams to agree exact specifications and requirements of each event.
- Where required, liaise with government representatives on specifications and approval processes.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel, accommodation, branding, AV, translation services, where appropriate);
- Liaise with Marketing team and local/international press to publicise and promote the event;
- Manage all pre-event planning, e.g. organising speakers and delegate packs;
- Coordinate suppliers, organise visiting dignitaries, handle queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget;
- Ensure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
Minimum (2.1) degree in Marketing, Events Management, Public Relations or similar.
Capable to an intermediate level with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
English to A-level standard
Intermediate/Advanced spoken and written French
Vocational qualification in Events Management or similar (don't mind if learned on-the-job but be good to have this certificated in some way if not as an exclusive degree)
Minimum 5 years' experience in Event Management or similar
Experience of staging overseas events
Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
Logistical project management experience
Client relations knowledge
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management and the ability to work under pressure and independently
- Project Management experience an advantage
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Flexible, proactive approach
- Problem solving skills
- Budget management experience
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!