Accounts Manager - Practice
Due to retirement - my lovely client is looking for an experienced Accounts Manager to join their team!
Your responsibilities include:
Managing the Small Accounts Department:
* Managing the department including controlling workflow, work planning and allocation, assisting and teaching students, controlling costs and liaison with clients
* Attending regular manager meetings to feedback on department and student progress
Preparation of accounts and tax returns
* Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and small limited companies, including fixed assets and depreciation
* Preparation of working papers to the Firm's required standard
* Obtaining relevant information and the preparation of trade and personal tax computations including capital allowance computations
* Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns, including dividend income straightforward capital gains tax
* Giving consideration to straightforward tax planning measures when dealing with the clients
Bookkeeping and management accounts
* Carrying out or assisting clients with manual or computerised bookkeeping
* Preparation of VAT returns on-line
* Preparation of management accounts
Other compliance areas
* Payroll preparation, PAYE and National Insurance
* Dealing with the CIS system
* Checking tax coding notices
Client care and development
* Meeting prospective and new (small) clients and explaining the responsibilities of self-employment
* Setting up new businesses, including
o Advising H M Revenue & Customs
o PAYE schemes
o VAT registration
o Bookkeeping advice
o Setting up records on the firms computer system
* Liaison with clients
* Getting work in and managing the care and return of client records
* Sending out accounts and tax returns
* Dealing with straightforward queries and simple tax enquiries
* Monitoring work flows and deadlines
* Assisting with billing and chasing outstanding fees
* Generally promoting the firm and its services including attendance at the annual client reception and other events
* Attendance at tax and other relevant training courses.
* Office administrative duties;
* Use of computers in any of the above.
Ideally you will be AAT qualified (or equivalent), or Qualified by experience. You must have had some experience of working within Practice.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!