Our client, based in Leatherhead, is searching for an Asset Manager to join their friendly, hardworking team.
As the Asset Manager, you will be tasked with supporting our client on all technical, HS&E and engineering matters relating to their asset IGT (Independent Gas Transporter) business, providing the first point of contact to the management team and employees, as well as liaising with the GIRS and Planning Team, Metering Dept, Metering Manager and Commercial.
You must be able to implement and manage the roll-out and ongoing operation of the client's new IGT business. This will involve a comprehensive understanding of the IGT process and how this will develop their existing business. You will be responsible for identifying and addressing business, systems, recruitment requirements and opportunities to successfully operate the client's IGT business.
- Ensure IGT Licence and related accreditations are maintained.
- Lead internal and external periodic/annual IGT, HS&E and GSR audits.
- Liaise with the GIRS, planning, metering and commercial teams; along with HS&E and Ofgem.
- Familiarisation with Network Code and associated connection and network Agreements.
- Manage technical matters for new gas connections through the IGT process up to 38 bar.
- Provide authoritative advice and leadership for the client's gas network policy and procedures.
- Responsible Competent Person and Authorising Engineer leading compliance.
- Growing the asset through the IGT process - by 25% year-on-year (subject to review).
- Providing all as required information relating to the client's assets to gas suppliers and GT's as required; to ensure the growth of network and compliance with required procedures and legislation.
- Responsible for asset maintenance and emergency service and repair programmes.
- Representing the client at appropriate IGT, HS&E forums and related asset management seminars.
- Management of professional relationships with all related external and 3rd parties.
- Collate and manage all of the client's IGT design inquiries and responses.
- Update all IGT and HS&E related procedures as and when required.
- Manage the client's IGT contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare ad hoc gas connection quotations to/from IGT assets.
- Prepare/arrange/submit RAMS for installation, emergency and maintenance operations.
- Manage the plant specification and materials ordering process.
- Maintain up to date pipeline asset records.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders.
- Conduct, manage or arrange audits and surveys, performance tests and investigations.
- Ensure the team works to the client's and industry health and safety standards.
- Manage and co-ordinate out-of-hours Emergency Service.
- Actively "network" amongst peers, suppliers, contractors, service providers and customers.
- Maintain, develop and enhance the client's professional reputation.
- Be flexible, customer focused, team-centric and undertake engineering and other duties as directed.
- Possess (or working to within one year) IEng accreditation with IGEM.
- Member of (or working towards within one year) Institute of Asset Management.
- Previous experience of working in a natural gas / gas metering / construction industry.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skill.
- Literate, numerate and IT proficient, particularly with MS office packages, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Minimum standards of mobility - due to visits/working at times on 3rd party construction sites.
- Maintain personal engineering accreditations and qualifications including CPD.
If you feel you are interested in this job opportunity and have the relevant experience and qualifications please apply online, attaching your CV.