Assistant Restaurant Manager - 2 AA rosette restaurant - Live in available at £460 PM
Our client is a luxury hotel in Surrey.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to oversee the hotels main restaurant boasting 2AA rosettes, 40 cover, garden room and cocktail bar.
As Assistant Restaurant Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Restaurant Manager in the managing of a full time team of 16-20 to deliver outstanding standards of service. We are seeking someone with passion for food, wine and service who will inspire and drive standards to even higher heights. Someone who possesses excellent team management and organisation skills to get the best out of the team.
The restaurant is open to residents and non residents so caterers for a wide range of discerning clients with many regular patrons. Service for guests covers breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days per week so candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns across 5 days including weekends.
The team consists of a permanent team of 16-20 with additional casual employees for peak periods.
Main Duties Include;
- Ensuring the restaurant/bar is prepared for service
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Taking guest orders
- Effective rostering of employees
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Serving food and beverage including alcoholic beverages and wines
- Completing satisfaction checks and action all feedback
- Resolving any service issues
- Presenting bills to guests and taking payment
- Ensuring the restaurant/bar is reset at the end of the shift ready for the next service
- Ensuring work area is clean and tidy before closing
- Working with the Director of Wines in selecting and sourcing wines to compliment the menu items and guest's requirements
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Technical food and beverage knowledge to offer the required service and ability to develop the rest of the team
- Management/Supervisory experience within a top quality food service hotel/restaurant required (2 Rosette standard)
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/esses & bar staff to ensure excellence
- Must have your own transport due to semi - rural location
An excellent opportunity for the right person.