Our client based in Woking are looking for a Business Controller - Africa & Middle East to join there team on a 12 months contract. Paying up to £75,000 with a potential £15,000 bonus depending on company performance. Working a 37.5 hour week with flexibility on start time.
The position reports to the Group Finance Director (FD), but will also have close cooperation with the rest of the finance team, as well as the AME Business Unit. Tasks and responsibilities are closely linked to the company's value and require skills and an interest in business, analysis and value creation. The role encompasses control activities and reporting of cost and revenue items and financial / commercial support to the Business Unit. This position is a local point of contact for UK financial and tax matters.
Accounting services provided by a shared service centre in Norway/UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecasting critical business drivers including weekly scorecard, quarterly sales and investment forecasts, work in progress
- Annual budgeting and strategic planning input
- Financial, commercial and tax support towards new and existing investments
- Impairment testing, ensuring a thorough process with input from the Business Unit to support our balance sheet asset values
- Responsible for financial and business control activities in the AME business unit, including month-end closing activities, QA, tax compliance, accounts receivable collections, project performance analysis and development of other management information reports, figures and analysis as needed
- Prepare and present monthly Financial review of AME business unit to FD
- Financial support including credit and financial health checks, operational cost review and audit assistance
- General commercial support to Business Unit, providing FD and Business Unit leaders with a financial status of business, highlighting any issues or concerns
- Work with external stakeholders such as relevant governments and agencies, tax authorities and auditors
- Take responsibility for own safety and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Preferably a Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP-ERP software
- Ambitious with a keen interest in being the finance business partner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing at all levels in the organisation
- Commercial mindset with strong analytical skills
- Balancing the big picture with attention to details
- Demonstrates flexibility and enthusiasm
- Reliable and dedicated leader and team player
- Highly motivated leader
- Travel may be required
If you have previous similar experience please apply today attaching your CV.