Required to join the team of a successful and expanding Plastics Engineering Company manufacturing Precision Injection Mouldings, Assemblies and Medical Devices for the Pharmaceutical, Drug Delivery and Healthcare industries.
The successful applicant should have previous Business Development experience targeting the healthcare sector. An appreciation of Plastics Materials, their properties and the Plastic Injection Moulding process and a technical aptitude to understand plastics products and applications is highly desirable. Additionally an appreciation of mould tool design, toolmaking methods and processes would be advantageous.
- Ensure efficient service is given to Customers including face to face communication where required.
- Process purchase orders and update customers on fulfilment or associated issues as required.
- Manage and maintain the NPI process.
- Manage existing Customer relationships and develop new business opportunities with those when they arise.
- Identify suitable prospective customers through desk and field research.
- Introduce the company's range of manufacturing services by correspondence and or personal visit to obtain suitable enquiries for quotation.
- Carry out appraisal of enquiries.
- Projects - Provide consolidated reports to Customers as projects progress and act as first point of contact for queries/updates.
- Process RFQ's including cost estimating, preparation of quotations and cost breakdowns.
- Maintain existing product costings and negotiate cost change with customers.
- The follow-up and management of quotations and costings.
- Manage Non-Disclosure and Supply/Quality Agreements.
- In conjunction with others, author periodic summary reports of departmental activities for presentation to Senior Management.
- Support development and maintenance of the Quality Management and ERP systems.
- Contribution to and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant documentation.
- Participate in Project Management and Continuous Improvement teams.
- In collaboration with line management, completion and processing of Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Attend and manage Trade Shows/Exhibitions
Ideally you will be an experienced sales professional with a background working in a Plastics manufacturing based environment in field sales or a customer focused technical role in a comparable organisation.
The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, with sound commercial judgement, be self-motivated and determined to meet or exceed targets.
Initially this function would be a predominantly site based role with requirements to travel and visit customers/suppliers, in the future this could expand to be a more field based position.
The applicant should live within easy commuting distance of Slough and hold a valid full current driving licence.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and IT competence are prerequisites for the role.