Our client based in Dorking are looking for a Buyer/Stores Manager to join their team.
You will be working Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Job Overview: Sourcing, buying and maintaining a well-stocked store with our comprehensive range of components. The successful candidate will be able to handle several ongoing projects and a wide range of parts pending delivery. They will also be able to work proficiently with delivery schedules and call-off orders across a variety of suppliers. The ideal candidate will also have / seek to have a practical understanding of the components in question and should be familiar with reading technical drawings for the purpose of quality control upon part delivery.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To source and order materials at the best value in a timely manner
- To keep an up to date record of drawings for all parts purchased
- Manage all goods inwards, un-pack and check quantity and quality
- To book in and annotate delivery notes for accounting purposes
- Maintain an efficient and tidy store, participating with putting stock away where needed.
- Maintain part numbers on the database and raise new ones where necessary
- Maintain cost price and selling price on the database
- Maintain max/min re-order quantities to ensure optimum stock levels
- Organise and oversee stock take as and when required
- To assist where necessary in the efficient running of the business
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with buying/purchasing mandatory.
- GCSE/A-Level or Equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills via E-mail and by phone.
- Excellent scheduling skills, working within time constraints, co-ordinating with suppliers and managing call-offs
- Enthusiastic, polite and focused.
- Ready and willing to get involved in the workshop environment.
- Capable with moving stock boxes within the premises.