Our client based in Leatherhead are looking for a CAD Technician to join thier team. Our client are an established and recognised provider of professional consturction and natural gas connections services within the UK and have a reputation for delivering a high standard to a variety of blue-chip organisations.
The CAD Technician will be responsible for producing, updating and maintaining Architectural and Building Services drawings working alongside our Projects team, on-site M&E engineers, clients and external consultancy services. The job holder will be required to exercise considerable commercial judgement and awareness and to be able to operate in a variety of UK business environments.
- Using AUTOCAD software to perform routine functions.
- Cataloguing old files and creating an index in Microsoft Excel.
- Editing and creating 2D drawings with AUTOCAD software
- Produce drawings and related design information at tender stage, pre-start, and during construction on site, assessing on-site requirements during contracts as necessary.
- Provide support in and preparing relevant technical information, including drawings, calculations, submissions, and other documents for presentation to clients, as directed by the Manager.
- Learn and use relevant computer applications where necessary, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Develop an understanding and able to manage communication between Design and internal or external clients. This will include learning project management systems by main contractor
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of construction drawings and technical terminology.
- Create a working knowledge of marketplace products and systems available; including industry standards, regulations, specifications, and codes of practices, etc.
- Assist the Commercial team on technical issues by providing specialist input into the tendering process
Education and Skills Requirements:
You should have strong IT skills as well as being both numerate and accurate in your work.
You must be enthusiastic, a real team player and be customer focused in your approach.
You will need previous experience as a Detail Construction Designer working on AUTOCAD, must be an excellent communicator via telephone and face to face
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills please don't hesitate to apply online attaching your CV.