This is a unique opportunity to work as a Hospitality and Catering Manager for an educational facility on the outskirts of Dorking that can cater for can cater for up to 120 guest a day.
You will be working a 40-hour week. this will be a mixture or weekday and weekend work. The shift times will vary each week dependent the rota you have devised and when you are needed.
As part of the management team and working closely with the Head of the Centre you will be responsible for overseeing the housekeeping and catering department to ensure that all guest have a great experience during the stay.
- A passion for delivering high customer service
- Motivational, supportive and forward thinking
- Managing a team of approximately 12 staff to include, rotas, appraisals and staff training
- Working within the housekeeping and catering department as a member of the team when required.
- Implementing maintenance plans
- Assisting with the recruitment process
- devising rotes and task lists and ensuring these are implemented effectively
- Planning budgets catering menus and budgets, managing stock
- Managing the staffing budget to ensure high efficiency
- Managing health and safety reports
- Planning the allocation of rooms
- Staying on site some evenings and occasionally overnight o be on standby for any customer issues.
- Have a driving license and able to drive vehicles in the site if needed
The successful applicant must have a positive attitude and take pride in their work. They must be able to work under pressure and deliver excellent results.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Application Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Application 5 years+ experience of working in a senior hospitality and/or catering role
- Experience managing diverse teams and motivating staff
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering accommodation services
- Experience of developing action plans, staff rotas and task lists
- Experience of managing a budget and consumables
- Previous experience working within an educational or hospitality institution/environment ü