Compliance and Training Supervisor - Horsham - £40,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Over the last few years this client has gained a wealth of experience helping their members develop and maintain successful financial planning practices, taking pride in helping them achieve their goals using their own brand, but at the same time within solid regulatory framework.
They require an experienced Compliance & Training Supervisor to join the team.
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory and industry developments
- Maintain a specified span of control of up to 40 Registered Individuals, managing and scheduling all aspects of oversight competently and within desired timescales
- Monitor AR firms, coaching and mentoring approved persons both remotely and on-site, to ensure compliance with both regulatory rules and Network procedures
- Liaise effectively with senior management in respect of regulatory and Network issues
- Assist the Compliance Director in providing a timely response to requests for information from the FCA
- Assist in making all appropriate notifications to the FCA
- Apply a risk-based and common-sense approach to the compliance monitoring process
- Undertake appropriate file reviews, ensuring that the findings are accurately recorded and handled appropriately so as to mitigate associated risks
- Undertake regular KPI reviews, ensuring that KPI data and management information is accurately recorded whilst identifying adverse trends/risks and reporting or handling them accordingly
- Test approved persons according to scheme requirements in respect of product knowledge and appropriate selling practices, and provide relevant feedback and training where necessary
- Test and supervise new joiners, ensuring that supervision and formal sign-off procedures are applied as appropriate
- Ensure that financial promotions for member firms are approved in accordance with the FCA rules, whilst aiding firms in interpreting and applying the regulatory guidelines on advertising
- Minimum of level 4 Diploma in regulated financial planning (or equivalent), with significant progress towards the achievement of further qualifications desired
- Detailed knowledge of FCA rules and their interpretation/application
- Ability to train and motivate others whilst remaining flexible/adaptable
- Highly developed analytical, observational and communication skills
- Significant compliance experience within the financial services, preferably in an investment or insurance environment. An in-depth understanding of FCA/PRA regulatory expectations.
- Experience working within a network of Financial Advisers