We are seeking an Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer to our client, based in Basingstoke.
The company are going through development and increasing its man power due to the level of work that has been taken on. They would require someone to join the R&D team.
This will include, but not be limited to the design of electro-mechanical aspects of products and related test, calibration and production equipment.
You will take responsibility for electro-mechanical engineering and integration aspects of the business.
Working independently and proactively within a multidisciplinary team; the role includes:
- Electro-Mechanical design of innovative low volume products and supporting equipment; from requirement specifications, up to transfer to manufacturing including assembly/fabrication, testing, verification and validation of engineering prototypes.
- Investigation of new technologies, trends and techniques.
- Working closely with other engineers in the team.
- Liaison with sub-contractors, customers and suppliers.
- Producing high quality technical reports supported by calculation, simulation and/or lab tests.
- Occasional travel to customers, suppliers, conferences, seminars & trade shows etc. in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- Ensuring all Company procedures are adhered to - especially H&SE and Quality requirements.
- 3-D CAD Modelling experience (SolidWorks and/or Fusion360 preferable).
- Fluent in both spoken and written and English.
- Desirable skills
- Knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical integration.
- Product certification requirements (ATEX/IECEx/FM/UL/CSA).
- 3D Printing.
- Candidate Profile
- The candidate will be:
- A team player, but able to work independently.
- Dynamic and proactive, able to work to deadlines.
- Honest and committed to success.
- Hands-on and able to adapt to a variety of functions as required in a rapidly evolving business. This will include early production build.
- Able to establish good working relationships at all levels throughout the Company.
- Fast learner, able to work under their own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A formal engineering qualification, such as HND/HNC (preferably a university degree) in either; mechanical engineering | design | mechatronics | electro-mechanics or opto-mechanics and an academic track record or equivalent hands on industrial experience.
- An appreciation of design for hazardous areas.
- Experience in industrial segment.
- Excellent understanding of the design process and constraints.
- Confident to 'stand-alone' whilst receptive to new concepts and designs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- An understanding/experience of the Oil & Gas industry advantageous, but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of relevant directives and standards associated with electro-mechanical equipment (PED, Mechanical ATEX etc).