Devops Engineer - Horsham - £40,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
This well-established market leader makes it easy for professional firms to run their business by providing their clients with outstanding service through technology and innovation.
They are looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities to be responsible for the development of solutions and deployment of their suite of applications and development and streamlining of processes/systems.
- Receive and respond to e-mails and change request tickets regarding issues that arise, prioritising as necessary, resolving them within agreed timescales and escalating.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure in Azure.
- Automate infrastructure as code using the automation software (Puppet).
- Implement and manage application monitoring.
- Create and maintain the build and deployment pipelines.
- Liaise with and provide education to developers on build and deployment operations.
- Liaise with Third party account managers.
- Help and support the release team in deploying and rolling out externally hosted applications.
- Monitor server and application performance, provide statistics and reports.
- Maintain the hosted platform infrastructure (servers, active directory and networks.)
- Ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
- Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
- Manage backup system for hosted platform, ensuring operations are effective and relevant.
- Participate in new projects and aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Scripting abilities using PowerShell or Bash.
- General understanding of Cloud technologies.
- General understanding of Git.
- General understanding of deployment patterns.
- Experience using deployment software i.e. Octopus Deploy.
- Experience with build pipelines.
- General understanding of software development.
- Ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
- Customer focused and can present ideas and concepts in user-friendly language.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.