Our Client provides competitive and extremely reliable logistics solutions, which is they we have become the South East's largest regional FORS Silver approved carrier.
They are looking to recruit a dispatch route planner for their busy transport office in Crawley. Working Monday-Friday alternate shift change on a week rotation (2am to 11am, and 6am-3pm). The successful candidate will be responsible for planning a dispatch of 300-500 pallet deliveries daily and utilising up to 37 vehicles from vans to 44t HGV. You must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of vehicle capacity and payload whilst planning for efficiency.
This role would suit a dynamic individual who is used to working under pressure & too tight deadlines with excellent communication skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft excel and office packages.
They are passionate about development, training and progression for our team.
Salary and Benefits:
- Overtime rates paid after 9 hours worked daily at 1.25hrs
- 1 hour lunch break daily
- Company performance based bonus scheme
- Work social events
- Career progression and development
Dispatch Route Planner Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- To answer the telephones in a timely and appropriate manner
- Correct utilisation of staff and vehicles using the company diary sheet/Planner
- To route all inbound pallet deliveries ensuring routes are both achievable and vehicles are used to best efficiency, maintaining and updating any amendments throughout the day so the information is live for all to access
- Deal with drivers queries appropriately, and ensuring driver's collections and deliveries are completed to schedule
- Complete a daily warehouse/held freight checks to ensure all service agreements are met
- Deal with customer queries and complaints effectively, ensuring that goodwill is maintained
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our customers, other TPN depots and our staff
- To accurately prepare administration within set timeframes required
- To carry out other tasks that may be required for the company from time to time
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment