Our client, based in Shoreham-by-Sea, are looking for experienced Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Fitters to join their Assembly Team. You will work as part of a team to produce Forklift Truck conversions.
The successful candidate will be employed on a rolling contract and will be required to work 40 hours per week.
The following are main duties for the role but not limited to:
- Carry out electrical and mechanical fitting activities, including minor fabrication on Fork Lift Trucks.
- Ability to manufacture electrical looms to drawing.
- Ability to wire enclosures.
- Read and interpret engineering instructions (drawings, wiring diagrams, photographs) to achieve specification.
- Discuss conversion requirements with the Team Leader and Engineer as part of the pre-conversion review.
- Select appropriate cables and components for on-job manufactured parts.
- Complete project documentation as required during and at the end of projects.
- Document any aspects or components developed during the project for future reference.
- Participant in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Operate within the guidelines of the Company's policies and procedures, ISO9001 and internal work instructions.
- Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state.
- Comply with the Company's health and safety policy, procedures and processes.
- Experience in panel or Automotive Electrical wiring.
- Proven experience within an electrical/mechanical role.
- Ability to read and understand engineering/technical drawings and processes.
- Basic IT skills.
- Ability to complete required documentation and records in a timely manner.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Strong team ethic.
- Willingness to adhere to all health and safety policies, procedures and processes.
- Willingness to learn additional skills.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Own suitable tool kit, to complete job duties.
- Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent
- Experience of Zone 1 and Zone 2 conversions
- Awareness of quality assurance throughout the whole process.
- Ability to problem solve
Please apply online attaching your CV or call Leila on 01306 745050