My fabulous client has an opportunity for an Events Assistant to join their team. You might be someone who already has some experience of working within events or someone who has a strong desire to enter the events industry!
Key Responsibilities Areas (KRA)
1. Take ownership of the events that fall under your jurisdiction and ensure the smooth and efficient organisation of these events/competitions. With support and guidance from the Events Director and other appropriate colleagues.
2. To manage communication with all levels of staff, clients and suppliers, ensuring maximum support, understanding and participation.
3. Support within the Events Department
4. Company procedures.
Take ownership of the events that fall under your jurisdiction and ensure the smooth and efficient organisation of these events/exhibitions. With support and guidance from the Events Director.
1. Working with the appropriate personnel, ensure all events logistic requirements are agreed at start of process.
2. Download all entries and share with appropriate personnel.
3. Prepare entries for judging, if appropriate.
4. Deliver on all agreed events logistics, working closely with required personnel.
5. Ensure attendance at all necessary events days, ensuring jobs are covered and managing any personnel if required.
6. Liaise with finalists to confirm their details.
7. Share results information and images with AV company.
8. Write script and gain final sign off from appropriate personnel.
9. Venue liaison across all events.
10. Host liaison if required.
11. To effectively liaise with all companies entering and booking tickets at the awards, ensuring that all queries are dealt with in an efficient manner and correspondence sent out in a timely manner.
12. Manage the guest list system (if appropriate), ensuring that all table hosts are followed-up regularly until deadline to ensure as complete a guest list as possible.
13. Working with external collesgues to ensure they are aware of all event elements that need to be taken to venue on events day and appropriate set-up.
14. Remind all attendees about dietary requirements by sending out regular emails.
15. Liaising with appropriate personnel, set-out table plans for events (if appropriate). Ensuring that sponsors, finalists and attendees are allocated appropriately and accurately.
16. Arrange photographer and, if required, videographer.
17. Produce first draft of show script (if appropriate) with details of sponsors, finalists, winners and names of collectors of awards. Get signed off by appropriate personnel.
18. Send trophy artwork to relevant trophy company, have proofs signed off by appropriate personnel. Arrange delivery in good time for the awards and check. If appropriate, despatch on the day of the virtual event.
19. Ensure all guests receive their tickets, confirmation and all event details in a timely manner.
20. Assist with set-up and break down of all events. Ensuring all materials are ready, collected and delivered on time.
To manage communication with all levels of staff, clients and suppliers, ensuring maximum support, understanding and participation.
1. Provide support within the Events Department, as necessary.
2. Deal with all appropriate staff on the requirements to move your events forward.
3. Liaise with all levels of clients/attendees/exhibitors to ensure they receive all necessary and appropriate information in a timely and efficient manner
4. Deal with appropriate suppliers to ensure the smooth running of all events/exhibitions.
Support within the Events Department
From time to time you may be required to:
1. Attend and assist judging days for projects managed other members of the team.
2. Attend and assist with other projects managed by other members of the events team.
3. Support any team members as required.
In conjunction with other members of the Events Department, assist with general office duties within th organisation.
1. Deal with general phone calls, ensuring all messages are passed on swiftly and are clear, accurate and understood.
2. Deal with suppliers as allocated.
3. Provide cover when other members of the Events team are absent
4. Handle post on allocated days.
1. Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and protocols.
2. Protect the Company's interests at all times.
3. Address all complaints as a matter of urgency.
4. Embrace new technologies and constantly review operating procedures to identify best practice outcomes.