Role: Executive P.A
Salary: Up to £35,000
Hours: Full time
Overall purpose of the Job
The main focus of this role is to work closely with the Group Managing Director providing efficient administrative support on a one to one basis. This is great opportunity within our growing organisation for an experienced Executive PA to perform a wide range of duties, acting as the first point of contact, both internal and external.
Our client is a leading provider of digital wealth management services. They empower financial institutions to generate tangible financial and competitive advantages; by offering a unified full-service proposition that is made up of six companies covering planning, compliance, strategy, technology solutions, institutional platform and wealth management.
They have nearly three decades of experience and over 400 staff nationwide. They work together as one, sharing knowledge, ideas and experience across our companies so their clients get the benefit of multiple skill sets, and the leading-edge digital tools to create value in targeted ways across financial institutions.
- Proactively managing diaries and arranging meetings, ensuring the Group Managing Director is fully briefed prior to meetings, allowing enough time for preparation;
- Organising and ensuring all logistics are in place for domestic and overseas business travel including visa, client briefings and liaising with overseas offices;
- Liaising with client offices for meetings/calls, greeting visitors;
- Arranging and recording semi-annual and full year appraisals and objectives for all of the direct reports, maintaining office systems;
- Work closely with key individuals within the organisation for commitments such as Board papers, speeches/presentations and weekly management meetings
- As required provide cover for the other secretaries within the team who support the other Executive Directors;
- Provide support for some personal work;
- Monitor and review emails and respond as appropriate to requests for meetings, and/or bring to attention matters relevant to the day to day smooth running of the Group Managing Director;
- Type and prepare documents, correspondence/presentations and reports from manuscript sources. Includes producing high quality, original letters and a range of documents which will require effective Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests when required and deal with as appropriate;
- Managing all post including prioritising and ensuring that correspondence is directed as appropriate;
- Setting and maintaining effective office systems to ensure all activity is highly organised;
- Producing accurate and timely, correspondence, reports and presentations etc.
- Support the creation and implementation of Company-wide projects, and act as a Project Manager as and when required;
- This is not an exhaustive list; other tasks need to be carried out as required.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Previous EA/PA experience at President/Director/Executive Level.
- Typical educational requirement: Dynamic and of Graduate calibre. Must be flexible in approach both with work and hours
- Is a recognised specialist in an administrative / secretarial field and would be expected to work autonomously. Likely to be called upon to provide detailed advice to others in their specialist field
- Strong IT Skills including good knowledge of Windows Operating System, MS Word, Excel and Power-Point.
- Previous Project Management experience, including involvement in Company-wide projects. Agile Project Management experience is desirable.
- The role is prescribed within a well-established framework. However, the role holder is expected to play an active part in improving day-to-day procedures and how the work is to be tackled.
- Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events for a day ahead.
- Responsible for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities of themselves and their team for the week ahead.
- Involved in making judgements where in some cases the course of action is not immediately obvious. Whilst there is likely to be a well-defined set of solutions on which to base the judgement, the role holder will be expected to apply a sensible interpretation to each situation encountered.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills. Ability to explain relatively involved concepts in a clear and concise manner to others within the organisation.
- Will have the first initial contact with clients and others external to the Group. The ability to promote a positive and professional image and being helpful and polite would be essential.
To be considered for this position, APPLY NOW!
Due to a high level of interest, we will only be able to respond to those that are successful in making the shortlist