Exhibitions Operations Manager
Our wonderful Dorking based client is looking for an Exhibition Operations Manager to join the team! Our client has been established for a long time and pride themselves on being a company that keep their employees are at the very heart of the business. This is backed by the fact that many employees have been with the company for number of years.
With this in mind, they are looking for a new member to join their ever-expanding business! See below for more details!
Exhibition Operations Executive/ Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000
Reporting to: Exhibition Operations Director
To manage the whole operational pre, onsite and post show process of multiple shows a year. Most locations are in Europe, sometimes in North America and Asia.
Your role and responsibility will be to manage the following procedures:
- Updating and distribution of all specifications such as stand contractor, security, temporary staff and company areas
- Requesting all contractor quotes and creating detailed comparisons, negotiating prices
- Put together a detailed event budget
- Organising and attending site visits
- Main contact for project manager at venue
- Final checks on setting up the exhibitor manual with 'My World of Expo' and the venue/contractor
- Draw floorplans in Event Floorplan Designer, in liaison with Sales Manager/Managing Director
- Getting approval of the Floorplan by the venue
- Negotiating with stand contractor about company own stands
- Liaising with stand contractor about contra stands
- Responsible for facilitating incoming sponsorship deals
- Liaising with their freight forwarder
- Freight deadlines and gathering all parts for shipping, freight list etc.
- Packing show freight and ordering new stock
- Liaising with conference manager about hall catering, conference areas, conference rooms etc.
- Check onsite staff information for permanent and temporary staff
- Main contact person for all exhibitors, working together with assistance on all exhibitor requests
- Processing new exhibitors, giving on-line manual help
- Main contact for sales floor
- Checking orders and update floorplan accordingly
- Manage stand check process with Health and Safety company
- Overlooking on-line manual orders and ensuring that it works smoothly
- Chasing in late orders
- Liaising with contractors, cross checking exhibitor orders etc.
- Responsible for all show guide entries (not sales since free of charge)
- Liaising with venue regarding extra requests such as meeting facilities etc.
- Traveling to the venue the day before build-up, usual time onsite are 7 days
- Managing move in liaison with freight agents and security
- Overlooking stand contractor progress, monitoring service times, queue management
- Managing the Organiser's Office
- Main contact for all staff, venue staff, contractors and exhibitors
- Manage all temporary onsite staff together with conference manager
- Dealing with and reporting onsite and post show complaints
- All necessary administrative work
- Ask for assistance within the team when needed
- Assisting each other within the team
To be considered for this role, APPLY NOW!
Due to the amount of applications for this role, we can only respond to those that make the shortlist.