Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, tax and investment management. Your key role as a Paraplanner is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client's financial needs and assisting Advisers with the presentation of the recommendation (usually in the form of a Suitability Report).
It is not your role to give financial advice, but to produce letters, reports and supporting evidence for consideration. You are expected to undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis. You should keep the Adviser and the client up to date with communications as appropriate. It is not anticipated that you will be involved in direct client communication very often but the Adviser may request it in certain circumstances.
The current Paraplanner role may be broken down into the following key parts:
1. Preparing and maintaining the client file.
2. Research and Analysis.
3. Implementing recommendations.
4. Ad hoc / miscellaneous.
Preparing and maintaining the client file
Generally, the Adviser should collect the qualitative information (client attitudes, goals, etc.) on the fact find. You may also be required to attend client meetings.
* Research and data gathering as required.
* Confirm client risk profile is determined.
* Discuss client objectives with the Adviser and work requirements.
Research and Analysis
* Assist the Adviser in identifying areas for planning.
* Undertake research, both independently and with the Adviser, to identify suitable solutions to meet clients' needs.
* Prepare information / comparisons for analysis by the Adviser.
* Use appropriate analysis tools including, but not limited to, Analytics, Selectapension, DeFaqto Engage and Assureweb.
* Liaise with the clients' legal and tax advisers (if applicable).
* Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed / signed off by the adviser either with the use of appropriate report writing software or in-house templates.
* Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
* Pre-populate application/proposal forms (when requested).
* Source relevant compliance paperwork / disclosure documentation as per the recommendation.
Ad hoc / miscellaneous
* If required, act as a point of contact and deal effectively with non-advice queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
* Assist Advisers with ad hoc requirements. These could range from non-advice related reports to assisting with annual review reports and other activities.
It should be understood that the role of a Paraplanner within the organisatiion can be a role that changes over time and you may be required to perform activities associated with the role that were not detailed in the original job description though these should still be relevant to the paraplanning role / advisory experience.
* Ensure in-house systems (Enable) are effectively used to record case progression and work for costs and audit trail purposes.
* Assess clients' financial circumstances.
* Prepare reports to support the development of clients' financial strategies. This will involve the use of Financial Planning software tools, such as Selectapension, Assureweb, Analytics / FE Express, Distribution Technology and Trustnet.
* Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client's financial circumstances.
* Alongside the Adviser, propose and draft financial solutions that meet clients' goals, needs and objectives.
* Assist with the accurate completion of application forms.
* Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment.
* Act ethically, impartially and always in the best interests of clients.
* Follow the internal Aspect8 processes and procedures.
* Ensure compliance adherence with FCA regulatory and legislative requirements.
* Ensure the organisation meets the expectations of the FCA with regards to treating customers fairly.
* Act in accordance with the terms and conditions of your employment contract.
* Ideally working towards Diploma Level 4 (CII) and showing willingness to study and gain relevant qualifications
* Maintaining CPD knowledge in line with company requirements
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!