Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reporting To: Finance Director / Head of Acquisitions
Location: West Sussex
Hours of Work Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Any Special Requirements Some need to travel to clients across the UK (hours, travel)
Our client is a leading provider of technology, investment platform and support services to high quality financial planning firms and wealth managers.
They work with almost 150 firms, ranging from owner-managed chartered financial planners to large national advice firms. Their customers between them advise on over £35bn* of client assets.
About the Role:
- We are looking for an accountant (or equivalent qualified person) to provide financial, accountancy and commercial expertise in support of the Head of Acquisitions and the Finance Director.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- The role is responsible for providing support on equity investments in third-party businesses, including pre and post acquisition analysis of financial and other key business data. The applicant will also be involved in the process whereby the company's partner IFA business buys firms and client-banks, as well as the provision of loans to existing partners to support business development. There will also be a requirement to work closely with the Finance department in carrying out prescribed tasks that adhere to accountancy standards.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Provide support during initial stages of engagement with potential acquisition partners, including financial and business information gathering.
- Analysis of business data including review of accounts; review of business processes and client outcomes; and analysis around "business fit"
- Prepare valuation models and internal rate of return calculations in line with their valuation processes and parameters.
- Provide ongoing performance data analysis post-acquisition, including preparation of internal management information.
- Support their partners when they acquire a business or client bank.
- Complete financial analysis of companies which their IFA company is seeking to buy, whether via asset or client-bank purchase.
- Review partner narrative and cash-flows when the company provides funding to support business development.
- Provide support to the Finance Director on ad-hoc accounting requirements in relation to audit process, generation of ongoing management information and other prescribed activities.
- Accountancy or equivalent financial services recognised qualification.
- Ideally 3+ years post-qualification experience in accountancy or financial services.
- Proven ability to marry financial and commercial analysis and drive opportunities to completion for the mutual benefit of the company and their partner firms.
- Strong analytical skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to add value to the role, to the company and to their partners
- Be adaptable to an environment where deadlines and priorities can change rapidly.
- A desire to self-develop, including study towards further professional qualifications and additional industry training.
- Strong IT skills, specific competence in Word and Excel.
- Good administrator.
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Ability to provide a commercial judgement backed up by financial data.
- Team player.
- Hand-on approach.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for, dont waste time another second! Apply now!