My fabulous client is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team. You must have experience of either Financial Services or Mergers and Acquisitions.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for an accountant (or equivalent qualified person) to provide financial, accountancy and commercial expertise in support of the Senior Acquisition Consultant, Corporate Development Director and the Finance Director.
What You'll Do
- Participate in discussions during initial stages of engagement with potential acquisition partners, including financial and business information gathering.
- Analysis of business data including review of financial statements; review of business processes and client outcomes; and analysis around "business fit" with the company.
- Prepare valuation models and internal rate of return calculations in line with our valuation processes and parameters.
- Prepare investment reports for key stakeholders for investment review.
- Provide ongoing performance data analysis post-acquisition, including preparation of internal management information.
- Support our partners when they acquire a business or client bank.
- Complete financial analysis of companies which the company is seeking to buy, whether via asset or client-bank purchase.
- Review partner narrative and cash-flows when the company provides funding to support business development.
- Co-ordinate and communicate the pipeline / forthcoming projects to relevant parties to ensure business readiness (e.g. BP Membership, Finance, Onboarding, Training etc.)
- Ensure that all Corporate Governance requirements relating to acquisitions are met, including compliance, regulatory and Schroders intervention points
- Undertake financial due diligence on potential acquisition partners as part of our risk management processes
- Regular interaction with our external legal counsel as part of shaping deal structures and review of legal documentation to ensure the drafting achieves desired legal and commercial outcomes
- Be the focal point for communications between the Acquisitions Team and the external partner for relevant acquisition opportunities
- Provide support to the Finance Director on ad-hoc accounting requirements in relation to audit process, generation of ongoing management information and other prescribed activities.
The Knowledge, Experience And Qualifications You Need
- Accountancy or equivalent financial services recognised qualification.
- Ideally 5+ years post-qualification experience in accountancy and financial services.
- Proven ability to marry financial and commercial analysis and drive opportunities to completion for the mutual benefit of the Company and our partner firms.
- Strong analytical skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to add value to the role, to the company and to our partners
- Be adaptable to an environment where deadlines and priorities can change rapidly.
- A desire to self-develop, including study towards further professional qualifications and additional industry training.
- Strong IT skills, specific competence in Word and Excel.
- Good administrator.
The company operates flexi office working. So 2/3 days in the office, rest can be worked from home.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!