The primary purpose of the role is to develop the strategy, plan and campaign delivery that makes a step change in the brand awareness, interest and engagement in the company's service offering, through a combination of marketing communications initiatives. Positioning the company as a thought leader in Customer Experience and, in doing so, to generate a steady flow of sales leads.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for planning media and content strategy across all channels, including email, social media and PR, but also events, website, PPC, SEO, partnerships and some specialist titles advertising. Delivery of campaigns will be supported by a Marketing Executive, as well as specialist agencies where appropriate.
The role encompasses all aspects of putting together a marketing campaign - from research opportunities, target and budget setting, through to content creation, production, delivery and reporting.
Key Requirements and Skills
This position would suit an existing Marketing Manager with significant experience in the B2B space, ideally within the Financial Services or Professional Services sector, who has proven ability to take ownership of marketing campaigns and drive client acquisition and is keen to play a big part in growing a small but successful business. A strong existing knowledge of both digital and offline traditional media channels would be beneficial. The successful candidate will have experience of working within a SME environment, with a flexible, hands-on work ethic.
- Take responsibility to plan the marketing calendar and messaging approach, focused on key strategic sectors and audiences. Including forecasts for lead generation and KPIs.
- Gain Board level sign off of the plan and be accountable for delivery against targets and budgets agreed.
- Develop the content strategy to enable the marketing plan. Determine topics, blogs, data points and PR storytelling that will engage, build brand awareness and lead generation. Including plan to resource and deliver articles and data highlights and management of this delivery.
- Manage Marketing Executive to deliver BAU marketing of weekly email campaigns, social posts and PR - in line with the marketing plan, content calendar, and target audience strategy. As well as support on the bigger campaign delivery.
- Follow market trends and opportunities, and regularly share insights with the business and adjust campaign and content plans to capabilities on reactive and topical opportunities.
- Be the brand guardian for the company and ensure the proposition and personality are clearly articulated throughout the customer journey, advising the wider team on the brand tone of voice, positioning and creative guidelines.
- Be the key point of contact for all media queries to the company.
- Own the website enhancements roadmap, and with the Marketing Exec, manage updates to the website, being continually mindful of SEO importance.
- Deliver required Sales and Client communications - such as newsletters, merchandise and sales collateral as required by the Sales and CRM teams.
- Enhance and manage marketing campaign and website reporting, ensuring all campaigns are tracked and reported on compared to forecast and year on year trends. Communicate trends to the Board and wider team, and use this to help inform and enhance future campaigns to best impact and response.
- Keep an eye on market trends and competitor and key client developments.
- Be a proactive member of the Investor in Customers team, building relationships across the team and external partners, clients and suppliers, to deliver all campaigns.
- Client focus: take proactive action to understand client needs and requirements.
- Planning and managing resources: make a realistic assessment of the resources needed to achieve agreed results, and organise the work to deliver to time, budget and agreed standards, with a focus on getting it done.
- Delivering results: strives for high and continuously improving performance, and can be relied upon to successfully deliver required results.
- Innovation: proactive in finding new ways of looking at issues and problems, generating innovative new ideas.
- Flexibility & adaptability: can deal effectively with people from a variety of levels and areas of business.
- Use to working within restricted budgets and able to still make a big impact.
- An enthusiastic attitude and eagerness to get things done.
- Strong creative and copywriting skills.
- Basic HTML and Photoshop experience.
- Email creation and ESP platform experience.
- Social media platform management experience - such as hootsuite.
- Understanding of website content management systems.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience in using web analytics such as Google Analytics.
- A good understanding of search engine marketing, paid search, paid linkedin and website retargeting.
- Ability in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A real team player, and genuine interest in working for a small, growing enterprise.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Financial services, Professional Services, Business-to-Business or Customer Experience industry experience is a plus.