Our client, based in Leatherhead, is searching for a Head of Metering to join their friendly, hardworking team.
As the Head of Metering, you will be tasked with supporting our client on all technical gas meter and gas meter engineering matters, providing the first point of contact to the management team and the employees.
- Ensure the client's M.A.M and OAMI accreditations are maintained (Licence to Operate).
- Lead for the client during internal and external periodic / annual M.A.M and OAMI GSR audits.
- Liaising with the client's Metering Manager.
- Manage all technical matters for gas meters up to 38 bar.
- Responsible for the client's meter maintenance programme.
- Collate and manage all of the client's meter design inquiries and responses.
- Update all meter procedures as and when required.
- Manage the client's meter contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare ad-hoc primary and secondary gas meter and ancillaries quotations.
- Ensure the client works to the T's & C's and other commercial considerations.
- Prepare/arrange/submit RAMS/Lifting Plans etc, for installation and maintenance/operation.
- Manage the meter specification/meter order process.
- Maintain up to date meter asset and asset disposal records.
- Establish/maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Conduct/arrange energy audits, surveys, performance tests and investigations.
- Provide suitable management information for the metering department.
- Ensure the team works to the client's and industry's health and safety standards.
- Manage the client's obligations under the Pressure System Safety Regulations.
- Manage and coordinate the client's out-of-hours Meter Emergency Service.
- Maintain, develop and enhance the client's professional reputation.
- Possess (or working to) gain accreditation with IGEM.
- Previous experience of working in the natural gas/gas metering/construction industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and also as a stand-alone.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Literate, numerate and IT proficient, particularly with the MS packages, including Word and Excel.
- Occasional travel to other offices within the company, as well as visits to operational sites.
- Minimum standards of mobility due to visits/at times working on 3rd party construction sites.
- Maintain personal engineering accreditations and qualifications.
If you feel you are interested in this job opportunity and have the relevant experience and qualifications please apply online, attaching your CV.