Our industry leading client is going through an exciting period of growth! This has now opened up an opportunity for an In-house Contracts Lawyer to join the team! To find out more, keep reading!
Reporting To: Finance Director
Hours of Work Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Any Special Requirements Occasional travel may be required
About the Role:
- We are looking for an experienced in-house contract lawyer to provide legal and commercial contract advice, expertise and administration across the business and to provide controls over the on-boarding and ongoing monitoring of new third-party suppliers/providers.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- This role is responsible for all contracts, our own and those provided by external parties. By being the point of contact for contractual matters, you will ensure that all contracts for commercial purposes are managed centrally, audited and updated to reflect legal and regulatory amendments and updates, including any renewed terms. Legal document creation and review services will be required to ensure professionalism and consistency across the Group. This role will involve the implementation of contract management and procurement software.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Management of commercial contract administration, including; drafting a range of commercial contracts, reviews and advice for all commercial contracts, acquisitions, loan agreements for third parties, commercial property agreements, white label agreements, key legal documents.
- Ensure all contracts including those with external providers are legal, up to date and contain the relevant information to fulfil business requirements.
- To work with the management team on complex commercial contract matters.
- Liaise with Schroders to ensure that all contracts are aligned with their requirements where necessary.
- Review existing processes and where required introduce new processes to improve contract governance across the business.
- Provide practical and wide ranging legal advice on a range of issues applicable to the business including marketing and competition matters.
- Monitoring developments in relevant legislation, implementing relevant updates and processes where appropriate.
- Review and improve all legal and governance elements of company policies and procedures.
- Ideally 3+ years Post Qualified Experience dealing with commercial contract matters
- Proven ability to tailor advice to specific needs of the business and apply common sense and practical solutions
- Good understanding of software and/or commercial legal frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong client facing skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to add value to the role and the business
- Be adaptable to an environment where both deadlines and priorities can change rapidly
- To undertake and specific training when required to do so and have a responsibility towards self-development
- Excellent level of IT, specific competence with Word and Excel
- A meticulous eye for detail is essential
- Financial Services experience
- Ability to apply pragmatic judgement and initiative in a range of situations
- Team player and able to get on with others
- Hands-on approach
To be considered for this position, apply NOW!