Our industry leading, West Sussex based client is looking for an INVESTMENT ANALYST to join the team. See below for more details!
Reporting To: Head of Third-Party Relationships
Responsibility for Others: Some responsibility for Administrators
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Any Special Requirements:Some need to travel to clients across the UK (hours, travel)
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Support all areas of Third Party and Discretionary Fund Management Relationships, including monitoring model portfolio, asset performance and permissible asset status.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team which provides support across the platform, to DFMs, wrapper providers and Investment Committee alike. Providing sound asset research material targeted to the required internal or external audience's needs. Reporting to Head of Third-Party Relationships and working closely with colleagues in the Operations department and the Investment Committee with a particular focus on monitoring model portfolio, asset performance and permissible asset status.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Work with colleagues in the Investment committee in its delivery of model portfolios.
- Analyse and monitor funds within solutions, using a combination of FE Analytics Direct and face to face meetings with fund managers (if required)
- Create excel spreadsheets/procedures to aid asset/model portfolio analysis, to include conducting performance and risk attribution analysis
- Support investment reporting activity including periodically, the creation of written commentary on funds and portfolios
- Support the investment decision process, providing analysis and rationale for manager selection
- Ownership and accountability for performance and procedures
- Assist in delivery of fund manager rebates to clients.
- Asset screening to ensure compliance with permissible asset criteria for wrapped solutions
- Coach and train new members of staff
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers for daily operational support matters
- Relevant degree
- IMC minimum, studying towards CFA/CII desirable
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Strong excel skills. Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) experience is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a quantitative environment and a desire for continuous learning.
- Broad understanding of macroeconomics and the workings of the financial markets and all traditional asset
- A general knowledge of the retail, adviser, and institutional investment fund industry.
- 3 years' experience in a similar role within Financial Services
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized / efficient, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Sound judgement, capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Sound understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority and regulation relating to platform services
- Self-starter, willing to learn
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise work
- Confident to review processes for improvements
To be considered for this position, APPLY NOW!