My client is looking for a h hands-on IT Manager with responsibility for support and development of all aspects of the organisation's IT Infrastructure.
Responsibilities cover the following key areas:
* IT Infrastructure Management and Support
* IT Asset Management (Hardware & Software)
* IT Project Management and Co-ordination
* IT Security Management
* IT Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
* Managing the IT Assistant
* Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems. This will include voice and data networks, operating systems, servers, PCs, software apps, telephones and peripherals.
* Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed, or when there are conversions or file maintenance.
* Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing.
* Working with staff to develop plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved and innovation encouraged.
* Liaising regularly with executive and senior management as well as systems users.
* Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end-users.
* Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
* Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
* Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
* Monitoring and managing the IT Helpdesk reporting system (Spiceworks) and providing 1st - 3rd level IT Support.
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Understanding of complex information and requirements
* Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
* Good evaluation skills
* Good communications skills - written and verbal
* Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
* Confidence in decision-making
* A good team-playing mentality
* Good leadership skills
* An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
* Windows Server (from 2008 R2 onwards)
* Managing Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, WSUS and other services.
* An in-depth knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 Professional
* Microsoft Exchange 2010 (including Management Shell)
* Meraki MDM
* Mailstore Email Archiver
* VOIP Systems (specifically, IPFX Director)
* MS Office (from 2010 onwards)
* Veritas Backup Exec
* Networking devices, protocols and fundamentals (TCP/IP, 802.xx standards)
* Set up and manage PCs, Printers, User Accounts and other IT devices
* Knowledge of smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS)
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
* Cisco CCNA
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
* HyperV Server
* Powershell Scripting
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!