My client is a a top 200 law firm working with individuals and businesses from their modern offices in Surrey and London. They strive to provide a truly outstanding service, in a straightforward and approachable manner.
The PA's principal role is to provide lawyers with the administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks. The PA will become involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their allocated Lawyers' day-to-day workload by providing exceptional and proactive administrative support. The PA will act as workflow manager for other support services including delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work. The PA will take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirements to provide exceptional service levels to both the lawyers and clients.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
* Completion of Laserforms and Stock Transfer Forms.
* Setting up files for completion
* Complete post-completion matters
* Setting up payments, transfer and CHAPS payments
* Drafting standard contracts and transfers* Draft Completion Statements
* Liaise with Accounts to produce invoices
* Satisfy AML requirements
* Undertaking Smartsearches
* Responding to email on behalf of your lawyers
* Requesting and obtaining company searches
* Drafting Replies to Enquiries
* Completing Replies to Requisitions
* Manage diaries, ensuring that the lawyers are kept up-to-date of meetings.
* Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings etc and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
* Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
* Arrange or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, emails and faxes.
* Arrange for files to be opened, closed and archived, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping.
* Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
* Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
* Manage your workloads accordingly and in a timely manner.
* Implement business initiatives and act as an advocate in relation to these.
* Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
* Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office.
* Liaise with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required.
* Liaise with the department's Team Leader over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
Client relationship management
* Play an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
* Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system.
* Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
* Quality check correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations and faxes produced by the Document Production team before they are passed to the relevant lawyer and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate.
* Type urgent/short/confidential correspondence and emails.
* Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
* Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
* Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate.
* Understand the clients' SLA in relation to billing
* Prepare draft bills for your fee-earners in good time before the billing date is due
Skills and experience
We are looking for a driven individual who is educated to an "0-level or GSCE standard (or equivalent).
In addition to this, they should have/be:
* Fast and accurate typing speed of at least 75 words per minute.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other systems implemented by the firm.
* Excellent telephone manner, communication, organisational and team skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative andable to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
* Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others and must be flexible and able to adapt to changing situations.
* Demonstrate a "can do" attitude and have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method.
Customer service is the key differentiator between a good company and a great company and is critical to the success of any organisation that deals with customers. Every contact with a client whether it is face-to-face, over the phone or in writing, is a "moment of truth". A period of time where you have the opportunity to meet and exceed that clients' needs, provide value, gain trust, respect and ultimately, loyalty to your company.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!