My lovely client based just outside of Dorking is looking for an experience Material Buyer to join their team.
The overall objective of the role is to:
To purchase materials to meet site programme
To purchase materials at the most competitive rates
Schedule materials to avoid site shortage or wastage
To seek alternatives to specified materials with a view to cost saving, subject to agreement with the Contract Administrators
Duties will include:
- Sending out Enquiries to suppliers
- Take off/ Scheduling of Materials from Drawings.
- Complete like for like price Comparison.
- Negotiation of best price to meet budget.
- Prepare Purchase Order on System.
- Ensuring Quality of Materials and specification.
- Attend Prestart Meetings with Supplier and Site
- Attend HA meetings.
- Arranging Delivery/Collection of Site Materials.
- Deal with accounts queries and adjust orders to match.
- Respond to site requisitions.
- Liaise with site managers on a regular basis
- Order hire of plant when required
- Maintain plant hire record.
- Attend fortnightly procurement meetings
- Meet with key suppliers to build relationships with our Supply Chain
- Review budget allowances on a monthly basis
- Promote group deals/rebate schemes
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!