We are urgently looking for a qualified Mortgage Advisor for our client based in the heart of Hove.
Mortgage Advisor Role Purpose:
The role involves researching the marketplace and advising clients on the mortgage products and services available, including protection plans, ensuring they are aware of and understand those that best meet their needs.
You will need to be fully qualified and if you hold a diploma at Level 4 this would be advantageous.
- Contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients' homes or business premises.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims.
- Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual and corporate clients' requirements.
- Completing risk analyses.
- Researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services.
- Experience of advising on and arranging equity release, preferable but not essential as training can be given.
- Understanding of regulatory changes to the BTL market and experience of dealing with portfolio landlords
- Experience of advising on and arranging bridging finance and 2nd charges, preferable but no essential
- Assisting clients to make informed decisions.
- Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products.
- Reviewing and responding to clients' changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates.
- Liaising with financial services providers and other professionals.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
- Producing financial reports.
- Attending networking events.
- Developing professional connections.
- Maintaining and updating individual continued professional development plans monthly, to be reviewed periodically by the Compliance Officer.
- Maintaining compliance with the FCA rules and principles and Code of Practice.
- Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided, and also the advised products.
- Act ethically, impartially and always in the best interests of clients.
- Follow the internal company processes and procedures.
- Ensure the company meet the expectations of the FCA with regards to treating customers fairly.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dynamic and forward thinking IFA business so please don't hesitate to apply online attaching your CV or call 01306 745050 for more details.