P/Time Management Accountant
My fabulous client, is expanding!!! Due to business growth, they are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their dynamic team! This role is 24 hours per week, with the added luxury of being able to work from home, apart from 1 day a week, where you will based in the office for an 8 hours. The remaining hours can be worked over 3 or 4 days either from home or in the office if you prefer! Roles like this do not come up often!
Your role will be to support the Head of Finance with the preparation of monthly management accounts including analysis and reconciliations, weekly cashflow management, quarterly VAT, monthly payroll preparation, managing and training of finance staff. Contribution to budgeting and forecasting process as well as the yearly audits will also be required as well as many other accounting tasks. This will involve ensuring all accounting processes and systems operate effectively to ensure accuracy, timely recovery of debt and compliance with all legal and regulatory financial requirements. The role holder will have management responsibility for 2 direct finance reports.
* Prepare and deliver monthly management accounts to accurately portray the financial performance of the organisation including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash flow, Reconciliations, Analysis, KPI's, Budgets and Reforecasts.
* Generate variance analysis reports and recommendations for improvements to inform financial decisions and ensure the organisation is operating to maximum profitability
* Engage with key stakeholders to confirm all departments are operating within budgets and provide support and assistance to any colleagues who are struggling with budgetary control
* Manage VAT processes to ensure legal and regulatory compliance with HMRC requirements including analysis of schemes available, confirming the correct schemes are in use and ensuring excess VAT is successfully reclaimed * Manage VAT processes to ensure legal compliance as above in foreign countries within which the company operates.
* Control the monthly payroll process for 25+ employees. Currently just data, but would like to do inhouse. Confirm legal and regulatory compliance.
* Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable activity to ensure correct accounting processes, procedures and reconciliations are in place to ensure all outgoing/incoming payments are correctly posted, ledgers are reconciled and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Drive pro-active debt recovery within the department
* Drive timely payment of invoices to external suppliers ensuring correct sign off processes are followed
* Lead, guide and manage the Accounts Assistants, ensuring they have clear objectives and that performance is regularly reviewed, providing clear feedback and development opportunities as appropriate.
* Manage any issues of underperformance in a supportive and timely manner
Do not hesitate to apply if the above sounds like you!