Required to join the team of a successful and expanding Plastics Engineering Company manufacturing Precision Injection Mouldings, Assemblies and Medical Devices for the Pharmaceutical, Drug Delivery and Healthcare industries.
The successful applicant should have a track record in Engineering Project Management. Experience of Plastics Materials, their properties and the Plastic Injection Moulding process and a technical aptitude to understand plastics products and applications is highly desirable. Additionally an appreciation of mould tool design, toolmaking methods and processes would be advantageous.
- Manage Projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide consolidated reports to Customers as projects progress and act as first point of contact for queries/updates.
- Ensure efficient service is given to Customers including face to face communication where required.
- Contribute to the Management and maintenance of the New Product Implementation process.
- Contribute to the appraisal of enquiries, RFQ's and cost estimating.
- Author, provide training in and maintain QMS and Product documentation.
- Management of internal site based projects.
- Be familiar with Medical Device Validation methods.
- Provide technical liaison including product design feasibility, material selection, tooling and design for manufacture.
- Management of design and development of new processes.
- Be I.T. literate and have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- An appreciation of Design for Manufacture methodology.
- Employ Risk Assessment methods.
- Have proven analytical and interpretive skills, problem solving capabilities and knowledge of continuous improvement tools
- Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Manage the procurement of Capital Equipment.
- Participate, support or lead Continuous Improvement teams.
- Support development and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Support attendance at Trade Shows/Exhibitions.
Ideally you will be an experienced Engineering professional with a 'hands on' background working in a Plastics manufacturing based environment or in a customer focused technical role in a comparable organisation.
The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, with sound commercial judgement, be self-motivated and determined to meet or exceed targets.
This function would be a predominantly site based role with some requirements to travel domestically and abroad to visit customers/suppliers.