Our client based in Cobham is currently urgently recruiting for a Reception Manager to join their team within the health care industry. You will be required to work Monday - Friday and will alternate the between the shifts of 7am - midday or midday - 6pm.
The Reception Manger is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week working 4 days on reception and 1 day doing admin unless reception cover is needed.
You will be responsible for all three reception areas for the group, predominantly you will be based in Cobham but will be required to travel to the other 2 sites, both based in Epsom as and when needed.
They use a bespoke computer system called Emisys that you will receive full training on.
You will need to ensure that the reception team runs in the most efficient manner and providing a high quality customer service to patients and visiting clinical staff.
You will be working closely with the Customer Services manager, Senior Outpatients Sister and Ward Sisters to guarantee a smooth running of the hospital.
- Experience of Reception within a Hospital or GP surgery advantageous but not essential
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Adaptability and a capacity for processing information quickly and accurately
- Experience in supervision of staff
- Excellent telephone manner with sound communication skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical and organised with the ability to prioritise your workload
General Reception Duties
- Unlocking and Locking of the building
- Booking, cancelling and moving outpatient and direct access appointments on Emisys
- Calling patients with their TCI's for Theatre and Minor Op appointment times
- Texting consultants with reminders for their clinics
- Keeping the reception safe and tidy including magazine and the coffee machines
- Organising taxi's for cross site transport
- Taking payments for private patient appointments.
- Greet and Sign visitors on to site.
- Meet and greet with consultants and external consultants
- Dealing with Post
Management of the reception team, (and bank staff).
- Managing overtime allocations for reception staff
- Confirming reception staff hours
- Confirming reception staff holidays and managing annual leave.
- Covering sickness and holiday
- Training new reception staff and keeping staff up to date with training.
- Organising appraisals and probation meetings.
- Ensure that the 8 weekly rotas are completed in advance with appropriate/adequate cover for shifts in accordance to planned activity.
- Liaise with Customer Services Manager concerning staffing and organisation of work.
- Ensure correct uniform is worn by reception staff.
- Apply company policies, standards and guidance as outlined in the Staff Handbook located on share point.
- Managing the reception SharePoint tab, keeping documents up to date.
- Keeping the receptionists up to date with changes to the system and general feedback from other members of staff.
- Be the main contact for all departments for the reception area in cases of trouble shooting and the implementation of new systems.
- Liaise with the Customer Services Team to ensure that the reception team are performance monitored to maintain a high standard of customer service and data in-put into Emisys
- Adding direct access clinics
- Modifying clinics if changes are to be made. i.e times and staff
- Making sure clinics are not over booked and booked correctly - making changes as you see fit. (Direct Access and OP Nurse Clinics)
- Liaise with external hospital admin staff.
- Be willing to help with any issues external Consultants may have.
- Continually assess and evaluate systems recommending changes and improvements to the Customer Services Manager as appropriate.
If you feel you have the relevant experience please don't hesitate to apply online attaching your CV.