Lead Front End Developer
Due to growth, my industry leading client is lookng for an experienced Lead Front End Developer to joing their team.
In a nutshell:
We are looking for a strong and experienced hands-on Front-End Engineering Lead to work in a Scrum Agile team building the companies next generation of scalable SaaS products using the latest architectural patterns and practices, development frameworks, cloud technologies and software delivery practices. As a hands-on lead you will be coding on a day to day basis as well as managing the developers working in your team. You will have extensive front end development experience developing enterprise level solutions to a high standard.
Your role will be to:
- Line manage and be the technical lead for the front-end resources in your team in collaboration with the Principal Engineers.
- Hold regular 1-2-1 sessions to mentor and coach your team to develop their skills and to grow their capabilities to become a highly motivated and highly efficient cross functional unit
- Matrix manage front end developers across all teams to ensure they operate using the same coding standards. Work with other Front End Engineering Managers and Senior Front End Engineering Managers to develop a learning path to evolve their technical skills.
- Collaborate with Principle Engineers to architect the solutions that your team work on
- Collaborate with the wider team to analyse, design and ship new features
- Collaborate with DevOps to build a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis.
- Develop and evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
- Implement measures to ensure work is delivered to a high level of quality and manage technical debt to ensure this is kept under control
How will you will succeed:
- Produce high quality and well thought through architectural designs for enterprise level solutions
- Able to manage and lead your team and evolve the skills and working practices
- Able to design and implement high quality code and deliver on time and as per estimate
- Demonstrate good attention to detail with the majority of work tasks passing QA and reaching "Done" in 1-2 attempts
- Able to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues and provide options for solutions
- Demonstrate excellent personal organisation with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Able to work with the team to organise and ensure work is developed in the right sequence to enable successful delivery
- Able to work under own initiative
- Able to bring functional and technical solutions to the table to help solve team challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Build positive and professional working relationships with your colleagues to enable a positive and collaborative team working environment.
- Able to mentor members of the team and educate them about our processes and guide them to finding solutions to technical challenges.
- Demonstrate expert domain and technical knowledge of all aspects of the solutions that your team build and deliver
- Demonstrate an excellent commercial understanding of the services that ITG provides to its clients
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
What you need to know:
- Expert with HTML5, CSS3 and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers like Sass and LESS
- Experience with NodeJS, Grunt, NPM
- Extensive experience consuming RESTful APIs in your applications
- Highly proficient in TDD and E2E testing with a focus on building testable high-quality code
- Experience building mobile and responsive design applications
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- Knowledge of W3C AA guidelines and how to build compliant UI's
- Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities and the strategies and techniques used to combat them
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving front-end app and assets
- Experience working in strong cross functional and self-organising Scrum Agile teams
- Experience with Git based source control
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications and the environments in which those applications run on.
- Ability to identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability
- Ability to mentor the team with technical practices and in particular front end development skills.
- Strong understanding of OOP Principles and Design Patterns.
- A desire to keep abreast of technical and industry developments
- Experience working in teams following a BDD approach to developing requirements and testing those requirements.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!