Senior Marketing Executive
Are you looking for the opportunity to drive your marketing career forwards? Are you creative, curious, quick thinking and outrageously organised? If so, read on:
My client is a dynamic, fast-growing company that owns some of the UK's most successful trade shows. All the events have significant growth, both in sales and delegate attendance, and this is no accident. They have a team of the most dedicated and talented people in the industry, and award-winning marketeers.
This role aims to help produce and deliver the marketing strategy for a brand-new launch within their portfolio of events, working across the full marketing mix and promoting the show to UK-based delegates and exhibitors.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager, commercial team and the wider marketing team to develop and implement a marketing strategy for an exciting new event.
- Promote the show to delegates and exhibitors in line with the marketing strategy.
- Execute the marketing campaign and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve the required performance criteria.
- Develop and manage the creative and design process for marketing materials, e.g. update and develop existing materials and create new material per the marketing strategy.
- Work with the sales team to create campaigns focused on new client growth and increased client retention. This includes messaging to drive revenue across all products, such as digital, sponsorships, and future revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to develop strategic audience development plans and ensure marketing communications accurately reflect event positioning and key messaging. Be the lead in messaging and writing regarding our outbound reach to our customers. Good communication and writing skills are imperative.
- Collaborate with partners to develop marketing campaigns, lead generation strategies and compelling materials for all revenue streams across live and digital products.
- Regularly review marketing plan, response rates/KPIs, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are practical and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate.
- Execute community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity and could improve the audience experience.
- Manage marketing budgets, and purchase orders and liaise with Finance on reporting requirements.
- Database management, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key marketing statistics and forecasts.
- Take the lead on all planning and execution of the registration process for visitors/ delegates.
What you will offer us:
- Exceptional writing skills in English.
- Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver them on time and within budget.
- Strong IT skills and systems management (e.g. experience working with CRM and CMS platforms, databases, email marketing and marketing automation software)
- Understanding of data protection regulations and experience of ensuring compliance in relation to email marketing/data sharing with third parties.
- Ability to identify search words / key terms used in data segmentations based on industry knowledge.
- Experience in devising and implementing digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Understanding and experience utilising digital marketing tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Ads)
- Ambition to develop your marketing career.
- Have something to teach us about social and digital marketing.
- Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends)
- Hold grace under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail - in the events world, little things matter.
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times.
What you can expect in return:
- The chance to hone your skills in all aspects of marketing and learn from others
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career, the company is growing quickly
- A fair remuneration package, with a performance related bonus
- A great place to work (at the heart of Coventry)
We are searching for a graduate of calibre who is looking for an opportunity to join a marketing-led company that invests in its brands. We particularly want to see evidence of contributing to the development of marketing plans. Experience within marketing events is not a pre-requisite - but the candidate must show project management on an extensive scale and experience in managing direct reports.
This opporunity is hybrid with fixed days in the office. Monday. Wednesday. Friiday.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!