Service Technician - Littlehampton - £25-£32k
If you're looking for a role that gives you more variety, challenges and opportunity than ever before than this is the job for you.
As a service technician working for a Theme Park based in Littlehampton you will be responsible for maintaining the running of rides, attractions and site which include 17 great amusement devices at one site. You'll also:
- Have the highest levels of integrity, flexibility, reliability and punctuality.
- Be willing to lend your hands to multiple and varied tasks on the amusement park floor ensuring that our customers are happy and safe.
- Be very hands-on, your excellent attention to detail will enable you to work independently and maintain our equipment and its safety record.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Ensure that we operate day to day within the requirements HSG 175 for safe use of fairground equipment and other mandatory health and safety legislation.
- Ensure that machines are operated to maximum potential by full and correct checks, maintenance and repairs both to schedules and as faults occur.
- Ensure that maintenance and repairs are correctly and properly recorded.
- To promote the correct Company image by ensuring that you, together with the venue, are presented to a high standard.
- Cover any duties in your control in the event of staff absences or emergencies. To carry out duties at the request of the Directors this may entail working outside your department.
- Liaise with office staff or suppliers to ensure that sufficient spares are in stock or ordered to help to eliminate machine downtime.
- Be a decision maker within the parks maintenance and inspection environment utilising colleagues or management for any questions.
- To assist and advise the maintenance team and directors with safety related procedures and practices including the monitoring or recording of these practices for the equipment. This will include working with independent inspection bodies for a variety of equipment inspections.
- Be a role model for any junior members of the park and maintenance team.
- Hold a full drivers license.
- The ideal Technician will have worked in a servicing role previously, with a background in mobile plant products and/or agricultural / motor mechanics / mechanical engineering. We are looking for solid experience and good technical ability. Consideration will be given to an "all rounder" with experience of working on a variety of machinery. Qualifications (NVQ or equivalent) in a relevant subject are desirable but not essential.
- Industries with transferable skills include, agricultural equipment servicing, HGV servicing, forklift / MEWP plant servicing or mechanical engineering experience.
- Ability to make good, independent decisions relating to trouble shooting/ fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance.
- This is a physical role that requires a flexible approach to working. You must be willing in the leisure industry to work children's & bank holidays, and a weekend day during the summer season.
- Be a problem solver
They encourage all of their people to develop their careers. They offer all technicians wanting to progress their career real exposure to what is required to run a busy and successful leisure business.