Our client based in Newbury is looking for a Sous Chef to join their team.
The Sous Chef position based in Newbury is 37.5 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, working on a shift pattern 5 days over 7. You will be working a mixture of early and late shift, but the late shift is no later than 7pm. The position also only requires you to work one weekend in three, so it really offers and good work/life balance.
The Sous Chef will work along the Head Chef in order to maintain an organised kitchen and a high level of food is produced.
This position is varied, but will include:
- Aiding menu preparation/ creation and supervise food preparation
- Leading the kitchen team in the Head Chef absence
- Help monitor stock rotation and ordering
- Assist the Head Chef with budgeting
- Assist with staff training