Our client based in Hove are looking for a Trainee Financial Advisor to join their successful team based in Hove.
As a Financial advisor you will provide clients with advice on financial matters, making recommendations on ways to best achieve their objectives. The role involves researching the marketplace and advising clients on the products and services available, ensuring they are aware of and understand those that best meet their needs.
Ideally you will be diploma qualified (Level 4) and can advise on the full range of products. However they will consider a trainee adviser, a graduate training programme or an application from a mortgage adviser looking to make the transition to a diploma qualified adviser
Trainee Financial Advisor Responsibilities
- Contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in client's homes or business premises.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of client's financial circumstances, current provision and future aims.
- Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual and corporate client's requirements.
- Completing risk analyses.
- Researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services.
- Designing financial strategies.
- Assisting clients to make informed decisions.
- Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products.
- Reviewing and responding to client's changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates.
- Liaising with financial services providers and other professionals.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
- Producing financial reports.
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments.
- Attending networking events.
- Developing professional connections.
- Maintaining and updating individual continued professional development plans monthly, to be reviewed periodically by the Compliance Officer.
- Maintaining compliance with the FCA rules and principles for Approved Persons and Code of Practice.
- Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided, and also the advised products.
- Act ethically, impartially and always in the best interests of clients.
- Follow the internal company processes and procedures.
- Ensure the company meet the expectations of the FCA with regards to treating customers fairly.
Please apply online attaching your CV or call 01306 745050 for further details.