Our Client is a recognised, accredited and established provider of professional construction and natural gas connections services within the UK, with a highly valued reputation for delivery of its services to the highest standard to a variety of blue-chip organisations. They are seeking to add additional project planning and co-ordination (operations) capability to their team in order to help ensure the delivery of their projects.
The Works Planner will report to a Senior Planner and Operations Project Managers and the Construction Director.
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Planning and delivery of projects, co-ordination and organization of direct labour and sub-contractor resources and liaison with relevant 3rd parties, highways and transport authorities, leading to the successful delivery of construction projects on time, within budget and to HS&E policies and procedures.
- To support the business on planning matters e.g. technical, HS&E and engineering factors and providing a first point of contact to the management team, employees, 3rd parties and customers.
- Establish and maintain close relationship with clients, customers, GT's, iGT's, MAM's, public bodies (e.g. highways dept. transport authorities etc.), direct labour, contractors and sub- contractors throughout all stages of the project execution.
- Develop projects, generally <£20k-2M value, under the guidance of a Senior Planner or Operations Project Manager.
- Gather and analyse relevant market intelligence and circulate within the company as appropriate.
- Provide assistance during internal and external periodic/annual GIRS
- Liaising with the SEL GIRS team, planning, metering and commercial teams
- Preparing and making licence applications to 3rd parties, to enable the company to undertake its connections activities on the public highway and, where required, within the site/private curtilage
- Preparing plans and drawings and making applications to traffic management providers to enable the company to undertake its connections activities on the public highway
- Opportunity for attendance at operational site/project meetings
- Integral contributor to (internal/external) project planning meetings
- Ensure the company works are to its T's & C's and other commercial and HSE factors, legislation and considerations
- Input (training can be provided if required) in the preparation/arranging/submission of HSE RAMS for company operations
- Maintain up to date planning records and the companies Projects Database
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Keep abreast of industry developments - opportunity to attend gas and construction industry seminars and workshops as appropriate
- Actively "network" amongst peers, suppliers, contractors, service providers and customers
- Maintain, develop and enhance the companies professional reputation
- Be flexible, customer focused and team-centric and undertake engineering and other duties as directed.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- The post holder will ideally be a member of IGEM (MIGEM) or undertaking works etc. necessary to achieve this status
- Possess similar qualification and/or relevant (recent) experience in the role to be undertaken in a relevant/applicable utility (ideally natural gas) connections discipline
- Knowledge and proven experience of the licensing process relating to NRSWA, TMA and Lane Rental Scheme and the general requirements of the appropriate 3rd parties and public bodies applicable to planning and undertaking utility (gas) connections works on the public highway
- Previous experience of working in the planning of natural gas/utility/construction industry works and scope
- Experience and knowledge of applying for and managing notices, consents etc. as required for (ideally natural gas) connections works on the public highway
- Experience and knowledge of working to the Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS)
- Ability to be able to plan resources and assist in the control of direct labour teams and sub-contractors
- Knowledge and track record in relation to upstream gas distribution systems, operations and connections
- Knowledge and experience of procedures and processes applicable to method statements and risk assessments would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in sound project planning techniques - e.g. MS Project and MS Excel spreadsheets etc.
- Knowledge of downstream gas installations and gas metering would be an advantage
- Ability to work within a face -paced team environment and also as stand-alone
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be literate, numerate and IT proficient, particularly with MS office package, MS Word, Excel etc.
- Keen to expand knowledge and experience to other areas within the Company
- Occasional travel to other company locations, customer offices and locations and visits to operational sites
- Minimum standards of mobility - due to visits/working at times on 3rd party construction sites
If you feel you have the relevant experience and qaulifications for this role please don't hesitate to apply online attaching your CV.